With Amazon Prime Day just around the corner, many are excited to score the best deals out there, be it a household appliance or a gift for a loved one. Regardless of what it is you're on the hunt for, there are ways of making it easier on you and your wallet. Read below on how you can save on your Amazon Prime Day shopping this year.
Deals To Look Out For
Before starting to plan your Amazon Prime Day, keep in mind that to be eligible to shop the sales on June 21, you need to have an Amazon Prime account. In case you don't, signing up is easy and only costs S$2.99/month after a 30 day free trial. If last year's Prime Day is any indication, then electronics and home appliances will offer the best deals. Below we offer three main tips to get the best deal on Prime Day:
- Lightning Deals: Prior to June 21st, make sure to add all the items you're interested in purchasing to a watch list. That way if any of them will have a lightning deal, you will be able to spot it directly in your list. Since lightning deals only last for a few hours, time here is of the essence.
- Deals Are Color-Coded: Since Prime Day Deals are color-coded, keep an eye out for deals marked in blue to save big.
- Use Notifications: This is yet another tip that's all about planning. Make sure to turn on notifications for items you would like to purchase, and get notified when their prices dropped or when a lighting deal is available.
One key tip for shopping on sale is to make a wish list before the madness begins as that will help you avoid making impulsive purchases. While it is easy to get swayed when you're faced with enormous discounts on things you may not actually need, make sure to prioritize buying what you are missing. Make a wish list with things you absolutely need to buy, and some others that you would want to watch and buy depending on the price.
We advise you to do your research beforehand on Amazon, create 'My List' on your Prime account and add everything you need to buy to that list. This way when June 21st hits, you will be able to complete your purchases quickly. Ideally, you could make a priority wish list and a watch list therefore you will add your essentials to the priority list and add others to a watch list.
Get Cashback With These Credit Cards
Another great way to save some money on your Amazon Prime Day shopping is to use one of the credit cards below and earn cashback in the form of an Amazon gift card. In case you aren't a current cardholder of any of the cards below, some also offer Amazon gift cards simply for signing up.
Current Deals: June 7 - June 20
DBS/POSB and HSBC are currently offering Amazon gift cards with minimum purchase on Amazon which you can then apply to your Amazon Prime Day shopping cart.
- DBS/POSB is offering current Prime members a S$10 Amazon gift card with S$150 minimum spend between June 7th and June 20th. This offer is only valid for the first 4,000 customers.
- HSBC is offering current Prime members a S$10 Amazon gift card with a minimum spend of S$120 on the Amazon Fresh store until June 20th. This offer is only valid for the first 2,500 customers.
Upcoming Deals: June 21 - June 22
Below are the Amazon Prime Day credit cards deals. Spend on June 21 or June 22 and earn an Amazon gift card from one of the banks below.
General Amazon Spend
- Citibank is offering its customers a S$20 Amazon gift card with S$200 minimum spend on Amazon Prime Day. Customers must have an Amazon Prime account and this offer is limited to the first 2,500 Prime Members who meet the conditions.
- With Standard Chartered, customers who shop and spend at least S$200 will automatically get a S$20 Amazon gift card applied to their account. Customers must have an Amazon Prime account and this offer is limited to the first 1,500 Prime Members who meet the conditions.
- HSBC is offering a lower spending limit to receive a gift card. Spending at least S$100 during Amazon Prime Day will earn a S$10 gift card applied to your Amazon account. Customers must have an Amazon Prime account and this offer is limited to the first 2,500 Prime Members who meet the conditions.
- For those interested in shopping Amazon Fresh Deals, HSBC is offering its customers a S$15 Amazon gift card with S$150 minimum spend on Amazon Prime Day. Customers must have an Amazon Prime account and this offer is limited to the first 1,000 Prime Members who meet the conditions.
- DBS is also offering a S$15 Amazon gift card with S$150 minimum spend on Amazon Fresh products. Customers must have an Amazon Prime account and this offer is limited to the first 1,300 Prime Members who meet the conditions.
New Bank Customers
For those of you who are not currently cardholders of any of the above-listed banks, several of them have current deals you can take advantage of just in time for Amazon Prime Day, and even after.
- DBS/POSB are currently offering their new customers S$200 Amazon gift cards just for signing up and spending at least S$200 within 30 days of card approval. This promotion is valid until July 31, 2021. Use code DBSAMAZON when applying.
- Standard Chartered Bank is also offering new customers a S$140 Amazon gift card for signing up and charging one transaction to the Standard Chartered principal credit card. This promotion is valid until July 31, 2021.
- UOB is currently offering the first 10 new customers who sign up for a UOB credit card a S$200 Amazon gift card. All you have to do is make at least 5 transactions with your new credit card. This promotion is valid until June 30, 2021.