CIMB World MasterCard is an excellent card for affluent consumers seeking maintenance-free cashback on leisure spend, with the added benefit of great golfing privileges. Cardholders earn unlimited 2% cashback on wine and dine, entertainment, recreation, automobile, and duty-free stores spend both locally and overseas–plus 1.5% on all other retail, with no minimum spend requirement and no annual fee. Consumers also enjoy complimentary green fees at 40 fairways across SE Asia and access to airport lounges worldwide. Individuals with high leisure spend can earn more with CIMB World MasterCard than with most alternatives on the market, while also enjoying exceptional benefits.
CIMB World MasterCard Features and Benefits:
- Singaporean & Singapore PR: S$50,000
- Applicants who do not meet the minimum requirement can submit a minimum Fixed Deposit Collateral of S$50,000
- 2% unlimited cashback on wine and dine, entertainment, recreation, automobile & parking, petrol, & duty-free stores spend (locally & overseas)
- 1.5% unlimited cashback on general spend
- No minimum spend requirement
- No annual fee
- Complimentary green fees at 40 fairways in SE Asia
- Access to MasterCard Airport Experiences provided by LoungeKey
- Dining & lifestyle privileges across SE Asia
- Free travel insurance
- CIMB 0% i.Pay Plan (continued cashback, flexible payment schedules, interest free payments)
- e-Commerce Purchase Protection
- Receive free return flight from select destination w/ min. S$600 spend/mo for 3mo
What Makes CIMB World MasterCard Stand Out
Affluent consumers with high leisure spend can enjoy unlimited, maintenance-free cashback with CIMB World MasterCard, while also receiving some of the best golfing privileges on the market. Cardholders enjoy 1.5% unlimited cashback on general spend and 2% on wine and dine, entertainment, recreation, automobile & parking, petrol and duty-free stores spend, locally and overseas–all without a minimum requirement. Not only is the lack of earnings cap ideal for high spenders, the 2% rate is higher than any offered by comparable cards.
The categories earning unlimited 2% cashback make CIMB World MasterCard best fit for cardholders with high leisure budgets. From lounges and clubs to golf courses and country clubs, consumers earn from spend on non-essentials rather than on groceries or recurring bills. In fact, utilities are completely ineligible for cashback. Affluent consumers would benefit most by using CIMB World MasterCard for all of their leisure-based expenses.
|Essentials Spender||Leisure Spender|
While CIMB World MasterCard already stands out for offering a higher tier of unlimited cashback than Amex True Cashback Card and Standard Chartered Unlimited Cashback Card, it also offers some of the best golfing privileges on the market. Cardholders are exempt from green fees at 40 fairways across 7 countries in SE Asia, and can play up to 4 flights per course per year (potentially 160 games). Green fees average to about S$150 each, so this perk adds extraordinary value for cardholders who frequently golf.
- Singapore: Keppel Club, Orchid Country Club, Sembawang Country Club, Warren Golf & Country Club
- Malaysia: Bukit Jawi Golf Resort, Orna Resort, Ponderosa Golf & Country Club, Bukit Kemuning Golf & Country Club, Palm Garden Golf Club, Tanjong Puteri Golf Resort, Eastwood Valley Golf & Country Club, Palm Resort Golf & Country Club, The Legends Golf & Country Resort, Impian Emas Golf & Country Club, Penang Golf Club, Tiara Melaka Golf & Country Club, Nilai Springs Golf & Country Club, Penang Golf Resort, Tropicana Golf & Country Resort
- Indonesia: Bandung Giri Gahana Golf & Resort, Klub Golf Bogor Raya, Bintan Lagoon Resort, New Kuta Golf Bali, Cengkareng Golf Club, Padang Golf Modern & Country Club, Imperial Klub Golf, Rancamaya Golf & Country Club, Jagorawi Golf & Country Club, Riverside Golf Club
- Thailand: Uniland Golf & Resort, Lotus Valley Golf Resort, Rancho Charnvee Khao Yai
- Cambodia: Angkor Golf Resort
- Philippines: Eagle Ridge Golf and Country Club, Sherwood Hills Golf & Country Club, The Riviera Golf Club
- Vietnam: Laguna Lang Co Golf Club, Montgomerie Links, Sky Lake Resort and Golf Club, San Golf Tan Son Nhat
Non-golfers also have access to a few perks, namely access to MasterCard Airport Experiences (provided by LoungeKey), free travel insurance, and dining and lifestyle privileges with a few regional merchants. However, frequent travellers who value exclusive perks may feel underwhelmed by CIMB World MasterCard. In addition, average and lower spenders with budgets of S$2,000/month and below can earn more cashback with alternatives like UOB One Card or Maybank Platinum Visa Card.
Ultimately, CIMB World MasterCard is one of the best unlimited cashback cards on the market because it not only has high rates and great golfing privileges, but also is completely maintenance-free. Cardholders never pay an annual fee, so essentially, cardholders earn on every purchase without tracking minimums or caps and without any additional costs. Affluent consumers, especially golfers, should definitely consider CIMB World MasterCard.
How Does CIMB World MasterCard’s Rewards Program Work?
Use our quick and easy-to-read guide below to learn how you you can redeem card rewards.
- Every 1 dollar of cashback earned is equal to S$1
- 1.5% Cashback is credited to the card account the same statement month, and the additional 0.5% (applicable to spend at 2% rate) is credited the following card statement
- Cashback is non-transferable and forfeited with account termination
CIMB World MasterCard Rewards Exclusions
Some credit card expenditures are ineligible for earning rewards. We identify these exclusions below.
How does CIMB World MasterCard Compare Against Other Cards?
Read our comparisons of CIMB World MasterCard with other cards and learn what makes each card unique in their own way. We compare and contrast each card to highlight its uniqueness to help you identify the card that you need.
CIMB World MasterCard v. SC Unlimited Cashback Card
Another great card for affluent consumers is Standard Chartered Unlimited Cashback Card, which also offers flat unlimited 1.5% cashback with no minimum spend requirement. It also offers transport benefits like EZ-Link compatibility and up to 21% fuel savings at Caltex. CIMB World MasterCard, on the other hand, rewards automobile spend and may be a better fit for car owners.
CIMB World MasterCard v. Maybank World MasterCard
Maybank World MasterCard is perhaps the best card for golfers on the market, offering up to 2 waived green fees/month at 120 fairways across 25 countries. Cardholders also earn 4 miles per S$1 spend at select luxury retail and dining merchants and 1 mile for general spend, plus perks like free lounge access and travel insurance. Because of merchant restrictions, it’s more difficult to accrue rewards however. Consumers looking for greater rewards potential might prefer CIMB World MasterCard.
CIMB World MasterCard v. UOB One Card
UOB One Card is the best flat rebate card for average spenders, offering 5% cashback (up to S$300/quarter) for consistent S$2,000/month spend. Consumers with lower minimums earn 3.33% cashback (up to S$100/quarter for S$1,000/month, S$30 for S$500/month). This is a great card for essentials, as even recurring bills earn rewards. However, high spenders may feel limited by rebate caps and prefer CIMB World MasterCard.
CIMB World MasterCard v. CIMB Visa Infinite Card
CIMB Visa Infinite Card is an excellent no-fee cashback card for frequent travellers, offering 1% unlimited cashback on general spend and 2% on travel and overseas spend. Cardholders also enjoy perks like free lounge access and travel insurance. However, there’s a restrictive S$120,000 salary requirement to qualify. Overall, infrequent travellers are more likely to benefit from CIMB World MasterCard.