CIMB World MasterCard is the best option on the market for affluent, social spenders with high dining, entertainment & leisure budgets. Cardholders earn 1.5% unlimited cashback on general spend, which aligns with the marked standard for uncapped cards. However, this rate is then boosted to 2% on wine & dine, entertainment, recreation, automobile, and duty-free stores spend, both locally and overseas–with no minimum spend requirement. No other unlimited card offers category rates this high without any additional requirements. Even better, cardholders never have to pay an annual fee. Ultimately, CIMB World MasterCard provides a great, maintenance-free way for social high spenders to reach their full rewards potential.
CIMB World MasterCard Features and Benefits:
- Singaporean & Singapore PR: S$50,000
- Applicants who do not meet the minimum requirement can submit a minimum Fixed Deposit Collateral of S$50,000
- 2% unlimited cashback on wine and dine, entertainment, recreation, automobile & parking, petrol, & duty-free stores spend (locally & overseas)
- 1.5% unlimited cashback on general spend
- No minimum spend requirement
- No annual fee
- 50% off green fees at 25 golf courses across Asia
- Access to MasterCard Airport Experiences, provided by LoungeKey
- Dining & lifestyle privileges across SE Asia
- Free travel insurance
- CIMB 0% i.Pay Plan (continued cashback, flexible payment schedules, interest free payments)
- e-Commerce Purchase Protection
- New cardholders get Fitbit Inspire 2 or $130 Cash via PayNow upon activating and spending min. $350/mo for 2 months from card approval (until May 7, 2021)
What Makes CIMB World MasterCard Stand Out
Affluent consumers with high leisure spend can enjoy unlimited, maintenance-free cashback with CIMB World MasterCard. Cardholders enjoy 1.5% unlimited cashback on general spend and 2% on wine and dine, entertainment, recreation, automobile & parking, petrol and duty-free stores spend, locally and overseas–all without a minimum requirement. Not only is the lack of earnings cap ideal for high spenders, the 2% rate is higher than any offered by comparable cards.
The categories earning unlimited 2% cashback make CIMB World MasterCard best fit for cardholders with high leisure budgets. From restaurants and bars to lounges and clubs, consumers earn from spend on non-essentials rather than on groceries or recurring bills. In fact, utilities are completely ineligible for cashback. Affluent consumers would benefit most by using CIMB World MasterCard for all of their leisure-based expenses.
|Essentials Spender||Leisure Spender|
While CIMB World MasterCard already stands out for offering a higher tier of unlimited cashback than Amex True Cashback Card and Standard Chartered Unlimited Cashback Card, it also offers free travel insurance, access to MasterCard Airport Experiences at over 1,000 lounges worldwide, and 50% off green fees at 25 fairways across 9 countries in Asia. These perks–particularly for golf–are often limited to more traditional travel cards.
- Singapore: Orchid Country Club, Sentosa Golf Club, Warren Golf & Country Club
- Indonesia: Damai Indah Golf Club, Klub Golf Bogor Raya, Palm Spring Golf Resort
- Malaysia: Glenmarie Golf & Country Club, Horizon Hills Golf & Country Club, Kota Permai Golf & Country Club
- Thailand: Alpine Golf & Country Club, Loch Palm Golf Club (Bangkok), Muang Kaew Golf Club (Bangkok)
- Vietnam: Chi Linh Star Golf & Country Club, Song Be Golf Resort, The Montgomerie Vietnam
- Philippines: Luisita Golf Club, Mimosa Golf Course
- Taiwan: National Garden Golf & Country Club, Royal Kuan-Hsi Golf Club, Sunrise Golf & Country Club
- Hong Kong: Long Island Country Club, Mission Hills Golf Club, Zhuhai Lakewood Golf Club
- Korea: New Springville, 88 Country Club
Still, frequent travellers who value exclusive perks may feel underwhelmed by CIMB World MasterCard. In addition, average and lower spenders with budgets of S$2,000/month and below can earn more cashback with alternatives like UOB One Card or Maybank Platinum Visa Card.
Ultimately, CIMB World MasterCard is one of the best unlimited cashback cards on the market because it not only has a high flat rate–boosted even higher for leisure spend–but also is completely maintenance-free. Cardholders never pay an annual fee, so essentially, cardholders earn on every purchase without tracking minimums or caps and without any additional costs. Affluent consumers, especially those who are social spenders, should definitely consider CIMB World MasterCard.
How Does CIMB World MasterCard’s Rewards Program Work?
Use our quick and easy-to-read guide below to learn how you can redeem card rewards.
- Every 1 dollar of cashback earned is equal to S$1
- 1.5% cashback is credited to the card account the same statement month, and the additional 0.5% (applicable to spend at 2% rate) is credited the following card statement
- Cashback is non-transferable and forfeited with account termination
CIMB World MasterCard Rewards Exclusions
Some credit card expenditures are ineligible for earning rewards. We identify these exclusions below.
How does CIMB World MasterCard Compare Against Other Cards?
Consider this if you want unlimited cashback and have high leisure spend
Read our comparisons of CIMB World MasterCard with other cards and learn what makes each card unique in their own way. We compare and contrast each card to highlight its uniqueness to help you identify the card that you need.
CIMB World MasterCard v. SC Unlimited Cashback Card
Another great card for affluent consumers is Standard Chartered Unlimited Cashback Card, which also offers flat unlimited 1.5% cashback with no minimum spend requirement. It also offers transport benefits like SimplyGo compatibility and top fuel savings at Caltex. CIMB World MasterCard, on the other hand, rewards automobile spend and may be a better fit for car owners.
CIMB World MasterCard v. Maybank World MasterCard
Maybank World MasterCard is perhaps the best card for golfers on the market, offering up to 2 waived green fees/month at 120 fairways across 25 countries. Cardholders also earn 4 miles per S$1 spend at select luxury retail and dining merchants and 1 mile for general spend, plus perks like free lounge access and travel insurance. Because of merchant restrictions, it’s more difficult to accrue rewards however. Consumers looking for greater rewards potential might prefer CIMB World MasterCard.
CIMB World MasterCard v. UOB One Card
UOB One Card is the best flat rebate card for average spenders, offering 5% cashback (up to S$300/quarter) for consistent S$2,000/month spend. Consumers with lower minimums earn 3.33% cashback (up to S$100/quarter for S$1,000/month, S$30 for S$500/month). This is a great card for essentials, as even recurring bills earn rewards. However, high spenders may feel limited by rebate caps and prefer CIMB World MasterCard.
CIMB World MasterCard v. CIMB Visa Infinite Card
Consider this if you are a frequent traveller and prefer no-fee cashback to miles
CIMB Visa Infinite Card is an excellent no-fee cashback card for frequent travellers, offering 1% unlimited cashback on general spend and 2% on travel and overseas spend. Cardholders also enjoy perks like free lounge access and travel insurance. However, there’s a restrictive S$120,000 salary requirement to qualify. Overall, infrequent travellers are more likely to benefit from CIMB World MasterCard.