Maybank World MasterCard is an exceptional card for frequent golfers, offering free green fees for up to 2 flights monthly at 86 fairways across 18 countries (averaging S$300 in value), contingent on just S$1,000 spend in the previous month. This value can easily offset the S$240 annual fee, but those who spend S$2,000 monthly (S$24,000/year) can avoid the fee altogether. Cardholders earn 4 miles per S$1 select dining and luxury retail spend and up to 19.1% savings on petrol, plus free travel insurance and airport lounge access.
Maybank World MasterCard Features and Benefits:
- S$80,000 for locals
- S$80,000 for foreigners
- 2 free green fees/month at 86 fairways, across 18 countries
- 10 Pts (4 miles) per S$1 spend with select merchants, including: Paradise Group, Imperial Treasure, Resort World Sentosa, Les Amis’ Group of Restaurants, T Galleria by DFS Singapore, Club 21, The Luxe House & Escentials
- 1 Pt (0.4 miles) per S$1 general spend
- Free airport lounge access to Plaza Premium (1 voucher per S$1,000 retail transaction)
- Free travel insurance & access to global concierge service
- Healthcare privileges with Thomson Medical Group
- Up to 19.1% fuel savings on petrol in Singapore (with linked Corporate Fuel Card)
- Receive S$50 cash credit after S$700 spend
- Free 2-Day, 1-Night Play & Stay Package at Mission Hills Golf Club with S$25k spend on card
- Up to 10% off worldwide hotel bookings with Expedia, Agoda
What Makes Maybank World MasterCard Stand Out
For frequent golfers spending at least S$1,000/month, Maybank World MasterCard offers the most comprehensive golfing privileges on the market, while simultaneously rewarding spend with select dining and retail merchants, providing travel perks, and making rewards redemption easy.
First and foremost, Maybank World MasterCard is great for golfers. After S$1,000 spend in the previous month, cardholders can enjoy 2 free green fees monthly at 86 fairways, across 18 countries–more than double the number of courses offered by CIMB World MasterCard with far greater geographic range. Green fees average to about S$150 each, potentially providing S$300 in value-to-consumer monthly. These privileges come with conditions, however, including requirements for golfers insurance and in some cases, for paying guests.
|Maybank World MasterCard||CIMB World MasterCard|
|Free Green Fee Policy||Up to 2x / month||Up to 4x / course / year|
|Number of Eligible Fairways||86||40|
|Geographic Reach||Global (18 countries)||SE Asia (7 countries)|
Maybank World MasterCard provides benefits outside of golf as well. Cardholders earn 4 miles per S$1 spend with select dining and luxury retail merchants, such as Paradise Group restaurants and Club21 boutiques. Eligible brands are very expensive, which can work to cardholders’ benefit–purchasing a S$3,000 Burberry belt bag would earn 12,000 miles (approx. S$120 value), for example.
- Singapore: Keppel Club, Orchid Country Club, Sembawang Country Club, Warren Golf & Country Club
- Malaysia: Amverton Cove Golf & Island Resort, Bukit Jawi Golf Resort, Bukit Kemuning Golf & Country Resort, Cinta Sayang Golf & Country Resort, Horizon Hills Golf & Country Club, IOI Palm Garden Golf Club, Kota Permai Golf & Country Club, The Legends Golf & Country Resort, Nilai Springs Golf & Country Club, Penang Golf Club, Pulai Springs Resort, Seremban International Golf Club, Tiara Melaka Golf & Country Club (+4 additional Premium Clubs)
- Indonesia: Bali National Golf Club, Handara Golf & Resort Bali, Imperial Klub Golf, Klub Golf Bogor Raya, Nirwana Bali Golf Club, Rancamaya Golf & Country Club, Ria Bintan Golf Club, Riverside Golf Club
- Philippines: 1 Premium Club
- Thailand: Alpine Golf Club, Chiangmai Highland Golf & Spa Resort, Loch Palm Golf Club, Lotus Valley Golf Resort, Majestic Creek Golf, Muang Kaew Golf Club, Red Mountain Golf Club, Riverdale Golf Club, The Royal Gems Golf Resort, Santiburi Golf Club, Uniland Golf & Resort
- Vietnam: Danang Golf Club, Montgomerie Links Vietnam, SongBe Golf Club
- Cambodia: Angkor Golf Resort
- China: Lotus Hills Golf Resort, Spring City Golf & Lake Resort, SunShine Golf Club, Zhu Hai Golden Gulf Golf Club
- Australia: The Dunes Golf Links, Joondalup Golf Resort, The Secret Harbour Golf Links, The Vines Resort & Country Club
- United Arab Emirates: The ELS Club, Emirates Golf Club (+2 additional Premium Clubs)
- United Kingdom: 8 Premium Clubs
- Turkey: Montgomerie Maxx Royal Golf Club
- France: 3 Premium Clubs
- Portugal: 1 Premium Club
- Denmark: 1 Premium Club
- South Africa: Fancourt, Gary Player Country Club, Lost City Golf Course, Pearl Valley Golf & Country Estate, Royal Cape Golf Club
- Spain: 3 Premium Clubs
- United States: Del Monte Golf Course, Ewa Beach Golf, Ko Olina Golf Club, The Links at Spanish Bay, Pebble Beach Golf Links, Turtle Bay Resort Golf (+2 additional Premium Clubs)
- Paradise Group: Beauty in The Pot, Canton Paradise, LeNu, Paradise Classic, Paradise Dynasty, Paradise Hotpot, Paradise Teochew Restaurant, Seafood Paradise, Taste Paradise
- Imperial Treasure: Imperial Treasure Cantonese Cuisine, Imperial Treasure Fine Chinese Cuisine, Imperial Treasure Fine Shanghai Cuisine, Imperial Treasure Fine Teochew Cuisine, Imperial Treasure Nan Bei Restaurant, Imperial Treasure Noodle & Congee House, Imperial Treasure Seafood Restaurant, Imperial Treasure Steamboat Restaurant, Imperial Treasure Super Peking Duck, Treasures Yi Dian Xin
- Resort World Sentosa: CURATE, Feng Shui Inn, Forest森, Fratelli Pizzeria, Fratelli Trattoria, Ocean Restaurant, Osia Steak & Seafood Grill, Sessions, Syun, table65, Tangerine, TEPPAN by Chef Yonemura, The Rock Bar
- Les Amis’ Group of Restaurants: Bistro Du Vin, Casa Verde, COMNAM Vietnamese Street Eats, JINzakaya, La Strada, La Taperia, Les Amis, NamNam Noodle Bar, NamNam Go!, Peperoni Pizzeria, Sushi Jin, Tarte by Cheryl Koh
- T Galleria by DFS, Singapore: Bottega Venetta, Burberry, Cartier, Caline, Chanel, Coach, Jo Malone, Longchamp, Longines, Michael Kors, Pandora, Salvatore Ferragamo, Sulwhasoo, TAG Heuer, Tissot, Zenith, Tod's, TWG (& others)
- Club21 (Stand-alone boutiques in Singapore only): 3.1 Phillip Lim, A|X Armani Exchange, Alexander Wang, Armani Junior, Blackbarrett by Neil Barrett, Bonpoint, Carven, CK Calvin Klein, Club21 Four Seasons, Club21 Forum, COMME des GARCONS, Stella McCartney, Tsumori Chisato (& others)
- The Luxe House
Frequent golfers who do not typically shop high fashion can still benefit from this feature if they have a loved one with luxury spending habits. Supplementary cardholders’ purchases earn at the same rate, and miles are credited to the primary cardholder’s account. In addition, card accounts with S$24,000 cumulative annual spend (primary + supplementary) are exempt from the S$240 fee. Supplementary cardholders, however, are not privy to free green fees or airport lounge access.
Maybank World MasterCard also offers a few perks like free travel insurance and 1 free access voucher to Plaza Premium Lounges (worth S$44.95) per S$1,000 card transaction. While spend is officially rewarded in points–which is fairly common–points never expire and the S$25 conversion-to-miles fee is waived, which is rare. Ultimately, Maybank World MasterCard provides frequent golfers with incredible privileges worldwide, with miles rewards for select spend and special travel perks along the way.
How Does Maybank World MasterCard Rewards Program Work?
Use our quick and easy-to-read guide below to learn how you you can redeem card rewards.
- Spend officially rewarded in points, redeemable as cash, miles, or vouchers
- Points never expire
- Points can be redeemed in blocks of 17,000 for S$50 cash credit
- Points can be converted to miles via the Maybank Frequent Flyer Programme [FFP]
- AsiaMiles are converted at the rate of 5,000 Points for 2,000 miles (manual)
- KrisFlyer Miles are converted at the rate of 12,500 Points for 5,000 miles (online)
- The S$25 conversion-to-miles fee is waived
Maybank World MasterCard Rewards Exclusions
Some credit card expenditures are ineligible for cash back or rebate. We identify these exclusions below.
How does Maybank World MasterCard Compare Against Other Cards?
Read our comparisons of Maybank World MasterCard with other cards and learn what makes each card unique in their own way. We compare and contrast each card to highlight its uniqueness to help you identify the card that you need.
Maybank World MasterCard v. CIMB World MasterCard
CIMB World MasterCard is an excellent, no-fee card for golfers who primarily play in SE Asia. In addition to waiving green fees at 40 courses across Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, Thailand, Cambodia, the Philippines and Vietnam, the card offers up to 50% discounts at select restaurants and 1% flat cashback on all local and overseas spend, with no minimum requirement. Maybank World MasterCard only rewards spend with select merchants, but offers privileges at a broader range of fairways; it may be a better option for global golfers.
Maybank World MasterCard v. Standard Chartered Visa Infinite Card
Standard Chartered Visa Infinite Card is a great way for frequent travellers to maximise miles for overseas spend, while also enjoying perks like free travel insurance and airport lounge access–as long as they’re willing to pay the S$588.5 annual fee. Cardholders earn 1.4 miles per S$1 local spend, 3 miles overseas, and receive 30% discounts at select golf clubs in Asia. SC Visa Infinite Card is great for affluent travellers who also golf; Maybank World MasterCard is better for consumers who prioritise golf benefits above all else.
Maybank World MasterCard v. Citi Prestige MasterCard
Citi Prestige MasterCard is one of the most comprehensive cards on the market for luxury travel benefits. In addition to offering 1.3 miles per S$1 local spend, 2.3 miles overseas, Citi Prestige Card also provides free travel insurance, hotel trip extensions, limo transfers, unlimited airport lounge access, and 6 free green fee rounds yearly. While there’s a S$535 fee, cardholders receive 25,000 renewal miles annually (worth S$250). Citi Prestige Card combines high miles-earning potential with top-notch travel privileges, including for golf. Consumers focused on golf privileges and seeking a lower fee might consider Maybank World MasterCard.
Maybank World MasterCard v. OCBC Voyage Card
Consumers with variable travel schedules can enjoy high rewards rates, both locally and abroad, with OCBC Voyage Card. Cardholders rapidly accrue miles at the rate of 2.3 miles per S$1 spend overseas, 1.2 miles locally, and 1.6 miles on local dining. Consumers can redeem miles any time, without blackout dates. In addition to free travel insurance, limo transfers and lounge access, consumers also enjoy free green fees at Sentosa Golf Club and up to 50% off green fees at 50 clubs in SE Asia. Overall, OCBC Voyage Club allows golfers to rapidly earn miles for spend, but is only an option for those willing to pay its S$488 annual fee.