Maybank World Mastercard is the absolute best miles-earning golf card on the market. Cardholders receive 2 free green fees/month–about S$300 in value–at 100 fairways across 19 countries. This is triple the number of courses offered by the closest competitor card. In addition, cardholders receive 4 miles per S$1 on dining & retail with select merchants, plus perks like free travel insurance & lounge access. And, if you spend S$24,000/year, you can avoid paying an annual fee altogether (supplementary spend counts towards this total, making it even easier to earn a waiver). Ultimately, Maybank World Mastercard is the best option for low-maintenance miles plus top-notch golf privileges.
Maybank World Mastercard Features and Benefits
What Makes Maybank World Mastercard Stand Out
For frequent golfers spending at least S$1,000/month, Maybank World Mastercard offers the most comprehensive golfing privileges on the market, while simultaneously rewarding spend with select dining and retail merchants, providing travel perks, and making rewards redemption easy.
First and foremost, Maybank World Mastercard is great for golfers. After S$1,000 spend in the previous month, cardholders can enjoy 2 free green fees monthly at 100 fairways, across 19 countries–slightly more than the number of courses offered by CIMB Visa Infinite Card with far greater geographic range. Green fees average to about S$150 each, potentially providing S$300 in value-to-consumer monthly. These privileges come with conditions, however, including requirements for golfers insurance and in some cases, for paying guests.
|Maybank World MasterCard||CIMB Visa Infinite Card|
|Free Green Fee Policy||Up to 2x / month||Up to 2x / month|
|Number of Eligible Fairways||100||108|
|Geographic Reach||19 countries||16 countries|
Maybank World Mastercard provides benefits outside of golf as well. Cardholders earn 4 miles per S$1 spend with select dining and luxury retail merchants, such as Paradise Group restaurants and Valiram Group. Eligible brands are very expensive, which can work to cardholders’ benefit–purchasing a S$3,000 Burberry belt bag would earn 12,000 miles (approx. S$120 value), for example.
- Singapore: Sembawang Country Club, Orchid Country Club, Keppel Club, Warren Golf & Country Club
- Malaysia: The Legends Golf & Country Resort, Horizon Hills Golf & Country Club, Els Club Desaru, Tiara Melaka Golf & Country Club, Nilai Springs Golf & Country Club, Seremban International Golf Club, Penang Golf Club, Bukit Jawi Golf Resort, Kota Permai Golf & Country Club, IOI Palm Garden Golf Club, Amverton Cove Golf & Island Resort, Bukit Kemuning Golf & Country Resort, Templer Park Country Club, Sungai Long Golf & Country Club
- Indonesia: Imperial Klub Golf, Rancamaya Golf & Country Club, Ria Bintan Golf Club, Bali National Golf Club, Handara Golf & Resort Bali, Klub Golf Bogor Raya, Riverside Golf Club, Padang Golf Skajadi, Palm Spring Golf & Country Club
- Philippines: Forest Hills Golf & Country Club, Sherwood Hills Golf Club, Summit Point Golf & Country Club
- Thailand: Lotus Valley Golf Resort, Riverdale Golf Club, Muang Kaew Golf Club, The Royal Gems Golf Resort, Uniland Golf & Resort, Mountain Creek Golf Resort & Residences, Rancho Charnvee Resort & Country Club, Alpine Golf Club, Chiangmai Highland Golf & Spa Resort, Red Mountain Golf Club, Loch Palm Golf Club
- Vietnam: Ba Na Hills Golf Club, Laguna Lang Co Golf Club, Montgomerie Links Vietnam
- Cambodia: Angkor Golf Resort
- China: Zhu Hai Golden Gulf Golf Club, SunShine Golf Club, Spring City Golf & Lake Resort
- Mongolia: Mt. Bogd Golf & Country Club
- Japan: The Golf Club Ryugasaki, Segovia Golf Club in Chiyoda, Naritanomori Country Club, Fukuoka Kokusai Country Club, Fukuoka Lakeside Country Club
- Australia: The Dunes Golf Links, Joondalup Golf Resort, The Secret Harbour Golf Links, The Vines Resort & Country Club
- United Arab Emirates: The ELS Club, Emirates Golf Club (+2 additional Premium Clubs)
- United Kingdom: The K Club, Royal Portrush Golf Club, Portmarnock Golf Club,
- Turkey: Montgomerie Maxx Royal Golf Club
- France: 3 Premium Clubs
- Portugal: Monte Rei Golf & Country Club
- South Africa: Fancourt, Gary Player Country Club, Lost City Golf Course, Pearl Valley Golf & Country Estate, Royal Cape Golf Club
- Spain: 3 Premium Clubs
- United States: Del Monte Golf Course, Ewa Beach Golf, Ko Olina Golf Club, The Links at Spanish Bay, Pebble Beach Golf Links, Turtle Bay Resort Golf (+2 additional Premium Clubs)
- Paradise Group: Beauty in The Pot, Canton Paradise, LeNu, Paradise Classic, Paradise Dynasty, Paradise Hotpot, Paradise Teochew Restaurant, Seafood Paradise, Taste Paradise, Le Shrimp Ramen, Canton Paradise Noodle & Congee House
- Imperial Treasure: Imperial Treasure Tasting Room, Imperial Treasure Fine Chinese Cuisine, Imperial Treasure Super Peking Duck, Imperial Treasure Fine Teochew Cuisine, Imperial Treasure Fine Shanghai Cuisine, Imperial Treasure Cantonese Cuisine, Imperial Treasure Steamboat Restaurant, Treasures Noodle & Congee House, Treasures Yi Dian Xin
- Resort World Sentosa: CURATE, Feng Shui Inn, Fratelli Pizzeria, Fratelli Trattoria, Ocean Restaurant, Osia Steak & Seafood Grill, Sessions, Syun, table65
- Les Amis’ Group of Restaurants: Bistro Du Vin, Casa Verde, Indigo Blue Kitchen, Jinjo, Kausmo, Kitch, La Strada, La Taperia, Lemak Boys, Les Amis, LINO, LINO Pizza & Pasta Bar, Mui Kee Congee, NamNam, Peperoni Pizzeria, SOCIEATY, Sushi Jin, Tarte by Cheryl Koh, Tenjin, Yujin Izakaya
- Valiram Group: Michael Kors (VivoCity, IMM, Mandarin Gallery, Marina Bay Sands), Tumi (Mandarin Gallery, Marina Bay Sands, Raffles City, IMM), Victoria’s Secret (Mandarin Gallery, Jewel, VivoCity, IMM), Steve Madden (Takashimaya Shopping Centre), Bath & Body Works (ION Orchard, Takashimaya Shopping Centre, VivoCity, Tampines Mall, Marina Bay Sands, IMM)
- Luxury Galleria at Resorts World Sentosa: Swiss Watch Gallery, Vie Beauty, Wear & When, Polo Ralph Lauren, Swarovski, Tory Burch, Michael Kors, Tumi, Salvatore Ferragamo, Coach, Longchamp, Furla, Versace, Hugo Boss, Victoria’s Secret, Rimowa
Frequent golfers who do not typically shop high fashion can still benefit from this feature if they have a loved one with luxury spending habits. Supplementary cardholders’ purchases earn at the same rate, and miles are credited to the primary cardholder’s account. In addition, card accounts with S$24,000 cumulative annual spend (primary + supplementary) are exempt from the S$240 fee. Supplementary cardholders, however, are not privy to free green fees or airport lounge access.
Maybank World Mastercard also offers a few perks like free travel insurance and 1 free access voucher to Plaza Premium Lounges (worth S$44.95) per S$1,000 card transaction. While spend is officially rewarded in points–which is fairly common–points never expire and the S$25 conversion-to-miles fee is waived, which is rare. Ultimately, Maybank World Mastercard provides frequent golfers with incredible privileges worldwide, with miles rewards for select spend and special travel perks along the way.
How Does Maybank World Mastercard Rewards Program Work?
Use our quick and easy-to-read guide below to learn how you you can redeem card rewards.
- Spend officially rewarded in points, redeemable as cash, miles, or vouchers
- Points never expire
- Points can be redeemed in blocks of 17,000 for S$50 cash credit
- Points can be converted to miles via the Maybank Frequent Flyer Programme [FFP]
- AsiaMiles are converted at the rate of 5,000 Points for 2,000 miles (manual)
- KrisFlyer Miles are converted at the rate of 12,500 Points for 5,000 miles (online)
- The S$25 conversion-to-miles fee is waived
Maybank World Mastercard Rewards Exclusions
Some credit card expenditures are ineligible for cash back or rebate. We identify these exclusions below.
How does Maybank World Mastercard Compare Against Other Cards?
Read our comparisons of Maybank World Mastercard with other cards and learn what makes each card unique in their own way. We compare and contrast each card to highlight its uniqueness to help you identify the card that you need.
Maybank World Mastercard v. CIMB Visa Infinite Card
CIMB Visa Infinite Card is perhaps the best no-fee cashback option for high-spending golfers. Cardholders earn an unlimited 1% cashback on general spend, boosted to 2% on travel & overseas expenses after S$2k minimum spend. CIMB Visa Infinite Card stands out, however, by offering travel perks like complimentary travel insurance, 3 lounge visits/yr, and waived green fees at 108 fairways across 16 countries worldwide. Few rebate cards offer such perks, and no cashback card offers such comprehensive golfing benefits. Golf enthusiasts who prefer to earn miles, however, might be better off with Maybank World MasterCard.
Maybank World Mastercard v. CIMB World MasterCard
CIMB World MasterCard is an excellent, no-fee card for affluent spenders with high leisure budgets. Cardholders earn unlimited 1.5% cashback on general spend and 2% on dining, entertainment, recreation, automobile, petrol, and duty-free spend, with no minimum requirement. In addition, consumers enjoy 50% off green fees at courses across SE Asia and discounted access to airport lounges. Consumers looking for more comprehensive golf perks, however, might prefer Maybank World MasterCard.
Maybank World Mastercard v. Standard Chartered Visa Infinite Card
Standard Chartered Visa Infinite Card is a great way for frequent travellers to maximise miles for overseas spend, while also enjoying perks like free travel insurance and airport lounge access–as long as they’re willing to pay the S$588.5 annual fee. Cardholders earn 1.4 miles per S$1 local spend, 3 miles overseas, and receive 30% discounts at select golf clubs in Asia. SC Visa Infinite Card is great for affluent travellers who also golf; Maybank World MasterCard is better for consumers who prioritise golf benefits above all else.
Maybank World Mastercard v. Citi Prestige MasterCard
Citi Prestige MasterCard is one of the most comprehensive cards on the market for luxury travel benefits. In addition to offering 1.3 miles per S$1 local spend, 2 miles overseas, Citi Prestige Card also provides free travel insurance, hotel trip extensions, limo transfers, unlimited airport lounge access, and 6 free green fee rounds yearly. While there’s a S$535 fee, cardholders receive 25,000 renewal miles annually (worth S$250). Citi Prestige Card combines high miles-earning potential with top-notch travel privileges, including for golf. Consumers focused on golf privileges and seeking a lower fee might consider Maybank World MasterCard.
Maybank World Mastercard v. OCBC Voyage Card
Consumers with variable travel schedules can enjoy high rewards rates, both locally and abroad, with OCBC Voyage Card. Cardholders rapidly accrue miles at the rate of 2.3 miles per S$1 spend overseas, 1.2 miles locally, and 1.6 miles on local dining. Consumers can redeem miles any time, without blackout dates. In addition to free travel insurance, limo transfers and lounge access, consumers also enjoy free green fees at Sentosa Golf Club and up to 50% off green fees at 50 clubs in SE Asia. Overall, OCBC Voyage Club allows golfers to rapidly earn miles for spend, but is only an option for those willing to pay its S$488 annual fee.