Maybank Kim Eng Brokerage is an online trading platform with access to 7 markets. Compared to other online brokerages, Maybank Kim Eng Brokerage has high one of the highest trading fees of S$25 and 0.275% trading commissions for SG stocks. You can find cheaper brokerages offering similar products and market access in Singapore. However, some consumers who already bank with Maybank, might find using their brokerage services as a convenient option. You can easily integrate your cash and margin accounts using one login.
|Summary of Maybank Kim Eng Online Brokerage|
|Diverse Investing Product Offering|
|High commission rates and fees|
|Seven available markets|
Table of Contents
- What Makes Maybank Kim Eng Stand Out to Investors
- Investment Opportunities at Maybank Kim Eng
- Maybank Kim Eng Fees
- Maybank Kim Eng Investor Eligibility Requirements
What Makes Maybank Kim Eng Stand Out to Investors
Maybank Kim Eng isn't the cheapest online brokerage option for the average investor. Maybank KE offers comparatively higher trading fees, but they now offer online application forms that can be easily filled out from the comfort of your home. Additionally, Maybank Kim Eng offers a number of accounts that can be useful for specific types of investors, such as for those interested in forex accounts and time deposits. New Investors may also be attracted to Maybank Kim Eng's Invest Academy, which offers seminars and other resources to new, intermediate, and advanced investors.
That being said, investors only interested in SGX, HK, or US markets, can find cheaper online brokerages in Singapore with commission fees as low as 0.08% and lower minimum fees per trade. With commission fees ranging from 0.18%-0.275% and access to limited markets, Maybank Kim Eng falls short of other online brokerages in Singapore.
The list below includes the types of SG stock available to trade with Maybank Kim Eng. The commission fees for all range from 0.18%-0.275% per trade. The commission fee will range depending on the initial amount you put into your trading account. For a more detailed description of the fees, check out the fees section.
- Common stock
- Exchange-traded funds
- Daily leveraged certificates
- Online unit trusts
- Multi-currency trades
- Fixed income securities
- Bonds and structured products
Investment Opportunities at Maybank Kim Eng
Maybank Kim Eng offers a variety of account options for investors who seek different risk profiles. If you already bank with Maybank Kim Eng, the online application process to begin trading is streamlined. If you are new customer, the process may take a few days longer, however, this can still be done online. Be aware that some of these accounts require different criteria for eligibility.
- Basic Brokerage Account: Also known as MKE Trade, this is Maybank's new trading platform that allows you to trade securities in 7 different markets using advanced charting tools and customizable workspaces. Depending on your trade amount, the commission fees will range between 0.18%-0.275% in SGX. You must be above the age of 21 and either a Singapore citizen, or a foreigner with a CDP securities account and a Singapore bank account. Minors will require a parent to be listed as a guarantor. US persons are not eligible to trade on this platform. You can use this account to trade both on a desktop or mobile device.
- CFD account. The CFD account allows you to trade between thousands of Share CFDs and Index CFDs. You can gain up to 10 times leverage for Share CFDs and the counters are reviewed regularly so to be margined competitively. Trade on your desktop or at the touch of a button on iOS and Android mobile devices. To open an account, a minimum deposit of SGD 3,000 is required.
- Forex Accounts: With this account you get access to trade over 40 currency pairs with no brokerage fees. Keep in mind Maybank KE's system automatically will close out all open positions in your portfolio when account equity drops below 30%. You can only conduct margin FX trading and their spreads can be viewed here online. This account is not offered to individuals who reside in the EU, European Economic Area, Switzerland, Guernsey, Jersey, Monaco, San Marino, Vatican, The Isle of Man or the UK.have initial deposit requirements of S$10,000 for Singapores and Singapore permanent residents. Although there are no transaction fees charged, there are rollover charges for interest paid or earned for holding a position overnight.
- Investing Academy: This additional resource is available to investors of all levels, but is particularly useful for new investors looking to start building wealth. There is a range of resources and guides available as well as regular seminars to introduce you to investing. These regular seminars range from basic investing topics to relevant trends and changes to the market.
Maybank Kim Eng Fees
Once you choose an account, you must decide how much you would like to keep in it prior to investing. The table below illustrates the three different segments you can choose from and how that will influence the charges you will incur.
|Input||Minimum Commission Fee||Minimum Charge|
|S$50,000 and below||0.275%||S$25|
|S$100,000 or more||0.18%||S$25|
|International Markets||Commission Fee %||Min. Charge|
|United States||0.30%||USD 20|
|Hong Kong||0.25%||HKD 100|
Maybank Kim Eng Investor Eligibility Requirements
You can apply for a Maybank Kim Eng trading account with or without a Maybank Kim Eng bank account. Additionally, Maybank Kim Eng is one of the few banks that offer online application forms that can be submitted for review. Applications are open to all Singaporeans and foreigners (excluding US citizens/residents). Foreigners must provide a valid passport, Singapore Residence Pass/Work Permit/Dependent's Pass/Student's Pass, and proof of address.
New Investors who already bank with Maybank Kim Eng and looking to trade traditional stocks, ETFs, and Unit Trusts, in US, SG, HK markets may find Maybank Kim Eng as a convenient trading platform. However, if you prefer to trade with lower fees or simplified and intuitive platform features, check out our top choices for the best online trading platforms in Singapore.