Table of Contents
EZ-Link, Grocery and Petrol: Citibank SMRT Platinum Visa Card
Citibank SMRT Visa Card is an excellent choice if you commute on SMRT or bus daily. This card conveniently doubles up as a cashback reward card and an EZ-Link Card, while still offering some of the best rebate rates in Singapore. For instance, it provides 7% rebate on groceries, 15% on coffee, 14% on petrol, and another 2% on EZ-Reloads auto top-ups.
While it lags behind competition in other areas like petrol, Citi SMRT presents an excellent set of offerings ideal for people on a modest budget. If you spend most of your money on groceries, commuting and occasional luxury of morning or afternoon caffeine intake, this could be a great card for you.
- Annual fee: S$192.6, waived for 2 years
- Rebates: up to 7% on groceries, up to 15% rebate on coffee, 2% on EZ-Reload Auto Top-Ups
- Promotion: S$120 cash rebate welcome gift
- Read Our Full Review
Unlimited Cashback + EZ-Link: Standard Chartered Unlimited Cashback Card
Standard Chartered Unlimited Cashback Card is an excellent choice for people who are looking for a simple flat rate card to use. Not only does it offer a flat rate of 1.5% cash rebate on everything, its cash back is unlimited so you can earn as much rebate as you spend. Unlimited Cashback Card can also double up as an EZ-Link card, further simplifying the number of cards you have to carry in your wallet.
- Annual fee: S$192.6, 2 Year Waiver
- 1.5% unlimited cash back on all your expenditure
- No minimum spend requirement
- Up to 24% discount on petrol at Caltex
- EZ-Link compatible
- Promotion: Up to S$100 in cashback + Up to S$150 in Prime Now credits, 10% cashback & free Amazon Prime
- 15% discounts & more on all Grab rides, GrabRewards Platinum Tier StatusRead Our Full Review
EZ-Link Card with Online Shopping and Entertainment Rebates: OCBC Frank
While it lags behind the other two in terms of savings on EZ Reload Auto Top-Ups, OCBC Frank Card is still worth a consideration as a cashback credit card. It can function as an EZ-Reload card just like POSB Everyday or Citi SMRT cards, but OCBC Frank card only provides 3% cashback for 2 auto top-ups and does not waive the processing fee. However, it's still an awesome cashback card that can help save money. You can pick from one of its 120 unique card designs to suit your personality and taste.
OCBC Frank Card's super low annual fee of S$90 is waived for 2 years, and can be waived subsequently for a low spending requirements of S$10,000 per year. Not only that, OCBC Frank card packs in a lot of punch with a great set of rebates on entertainment (5%), shopping (6%) and petorl (14%). Therefore, OCBC Frank Card is an ideal card for anyone looking to squeeze as much fun as they can out of their dollars.
- Annual fee: S$80, waived for 2 years and subsequently waived for annual spend of over S$10,000
- 6% rebate on all eligible online spend, including online shopping, travel bookings and food delivery orders (Requires S$400 of offline spend)
- 5% rebate on all entertainment expenses on weekends, 3% on weekdays
- 3% cashback on EZ-Link auto top-ups, limited to 2 times
- 14% off on petrol at Caltex & Esso stations
- Min annual income: S$30,000 (S$45,000 for foreigners)
- Promotion: S$50 cashback when you apply for 2 OCBC credit cards online
- Read Our Full Review
EZ-Link SMRT Card with Versatile Rebate Program: POSB Everyday Card
POSB Everyday Card is a decent cash back card whose rewards program covers various parts of our daily life. It is also one of the few cashback cards in Singapore that can double up as a SMRT EZ-Reload card. In terms of its main benefits, it can save you money on petrol (20%), groceries (5%), health & beauty (3%), and monthly recurring bills (1%). This particular mix of cash rebates make it perfect for moms who need to take care of their families. Also, if you are already a POSB banking customer, POSB Everyday card can function as an ATM card. POSB waives the 1st year annual fee of S$192.6.
- Annual fee: S$192.6, waived for 1 year
- Rebates: 5% on groceries, 3% on health and beauty expenses, 1% rebate on monthly telco, SP services, cable and broadband bill
- Up to 20.1% discount on petrol at SPC
- EZ-Link Auto Top-Up
- Promotions: 20% cash rebates on online food delivery and 10% cash rebates on dining (half for existing customers), 10% rebate on ComfortDelgro taxi
- S$50 welcome cashback for new customers
- Read Our Full Review
Best Online Shopping Cashback Card: DBS Live Fresh Card
E-commerce has been dominating the global tech scene for quite few years. With DBS Live Fresh Card, you can now ride the e-commerce wave even more. In our opinion, DBS Live Fresh Card is the best credit card in Singapore for online shoppers. Not only does this card reward 5% of cashback on all transactions made online or via Visa PayWave, Apple Pay, Samsung Pay or Android Pay, it also doubles this to 10% for first 6 months of account opening. As long as you spend at least S$600 per month on the card, DBS Live Fresh Card can help save up to S$60/month on your online transactions. The fact that this card is automatically enrolled into EZ-Reload means it can be a great option for millennials.
Although this card requires S$600 of monthly spend to be eligible for these benefits, we think this shouldn't be a too big of a problem due to the fact that it can be used on a diverse set of expenditure areas. Its annual fee is also relatively low around S$128.4 and is also waived for 1 year.
- Annual fee: S$128.4, waived for 1 year
- 5% cashback on online transactions and mobile payments
- 5% additional rebate on online & mobile payments for 6 months (valid for accounts opened by 31 March 2018)
- Automatic enrollment for EZ-Reload
- Read Our Full Review
Summary of the Best EZ-Link Credit Cards
Please see our table below for a quick understanding of these credit cards' main features.
Compare the Best EZ-Link Credit Cards by Dollar Value
To help you find the best EZ-Link credit card in Singapore, we have prepared a chart below organizing EZ-Link credit cards by their 2-year dollar value*. We have estimated an average Singaporean's monthly expenditure patterns through research to model out likely savings from credit cards. Note that this estimate is an approximate value based on an estimate of the average consumer's spending habits, and may differ in actual result depending on your unique set of expenditures.
*ValueChampion calculates the dollar value of rewards based on S$2,000 of monthly spending. We sum the value of points, miles and cashback in dollar terms and subtract the annual fee over a 24-month period. The estimates here are ValueChampion's alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the credit card issuer.